Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Semblance Of A Plan

Well here I am getting ready to jump into this whole "project". What do I expect? Rejection mostly. I'm not a glass half-empty kind of guy I just understand that even the greatest writers were met with crushing failure before they saw the first glimmer of success. So I expect to get a lot of rejection letters followed by a lot of no response from publishers. And to make things even better I get to share that soul-crushing feeling with all of you, good times.

I am aware that I don't exactly sound enthused but to be honest I am very excited. When I open my first generic rejection letter I will probably be a little excited. The rejection letter means that my Query made it to the desk of an agent or publisher(or at least one of their staff). Sure they may not have read it or even opened it up but it was still there. Now I sound kinda like a glass half-full guy.

I have a finished manuscript that has been transferred from my mind onto my computer and onto various pieces of paper. The plan is to attempt to find myself an agent that believes in my work and will try and find a publisher that is willing to take a chance on me. I have been told by many that the current economic climate will make this nearly impossible task a little bit harder, so I can't wait to get started.

While I am waiting on responses from this task I will be starting a new project. Whether this project be a new novel or possible even a script I am not entirely sure, but I know it will be something.

SO I am going to officially start looking for an AGENT!!!! To help assist me I will be using the 2009 Edition of the Writers Market and of course good ole trusty internet. I would continue this blog but I really should start sifting through countless agent listings and begin to narrow down my possible agent choices. Until next time....

No comments: