Monday, July 27, 2009

What World To Explore

Now that I am starting the Query process I will find myself with a lot of creative time on my hands. So naturally I should dive back into writing something, I'm just not sure what the something is. I have a copy of ideas and I'm trying to figure out what interests me more.

1) Caverns Of The Mind
I've actually already started this story about a year or so ago but stopped for various reasons. Like the current finished novel I am shopping around this one came to me from a very creepy dream. My current novel evolved more from a feeling I got from a dream, whilst this story was basically told by my subconscious, all I had to do was wake up and jot some notes.
It is more of a "supernatural" tale that centers around a group of people trapped in a cave with something that is picking them up one by one. It also deals with a man trying to come to terms with a dark event in his past. Ultimately these two struggles merge into one as the creature already knows about this dark event & finds a type of similarity between the man & it's beliefs.

2) Super Twisted Dark Story
Not exactly the official title. This is a story that I have started a few times but have discarded everything b/c I am having a hard time finding the right launching point. It deals with an individual who does very dark things for a good purpose. It also centers around a rookie detective and his old mentor as they attempt to catch him. This is a story that will really allow me to dive into the darkness of the human soul and explore it to my hearts content. My hope is that despite the horrible things the character does the readers will still identify with him in a way, and will make them face the fact the world is a shade of grey & not black & white.

3) My first script
This is something I have had on the back burner for awhile. The inspiration comes from my time working at a video rental store and all the "experiences" I have collected from that. The major "themes" I want to touch on are the inevitability of growing up, the young generations idea of the American Dream, and what it truly means to be successful. Of course I am going to throw in plenty of toilet humor and sex so it should be fun.

I think I am going to go on a nice long walk, then come home, lock myself in my office, and force myself to start writing. Whatever spews from my mind onto the keyboard will be what I am going to write next. The good thing is that I cannot wait to tell the 3 stories I have listed on this page. So despite my grumbling it is a win-win scenario. Yeah?!?

No comments: